Sunday, August 9, 2015

Birthday Vacations - A SisAdventures Tradition

A few years ago, my sister and one of my best friends decided that for every "big" birthday, we would celebrate by going on a trip.  As each of us turned thirty, we got to choose the location, and the friends would plan out the adventure.  I chose Boston/Cape Cod, BFF chose Washington D.C. (4th of July trip), and sister chose Las Vegas/Grand Canyon.


The "thirty trips" were so much fun, we decided to broaden our horizons for "forty."  We could choose an international destination! Since I was first up, I certainly felt the pressure to make my selection a good one - I mean, the world was my oyster - SO MANY CHOICES.



I finally decided on a trip to Austria. I've always loved the Sound of Music - it's a very special movie for our family. I think we watched it EVERY time it came on television growing up.  I remember the first time I saw the full-length movie, and I was horrified that I had "missed" so many scenes in the "edited for tv" version.  


Once the selection was made (a few years ago), we started our savings accounts.  Finally, it was time for our trip! As we started planning, we decided since we were already going to Austria, we should visit some other nearby sites. So a few months before the trip, we added Italy to the agenda (I know, tough decision, right?).  


We had a FANTASTIC trip, and I am still working my way through pictures, but I'll be posting some of our favorite highlights from the trip over the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy reading about our #sisadventures across Europe!

1 comment: